(direct link to mp3)
- A choice sound bite from Copyright Math — the toast of TED, and rightfully so.
It’s Not News, It’s Pew-Pews!
- A Paper Bag Records pick this week, PS I Love You with a track from their new EP, “Sentimental Dishes”.
- Something to say? Leave a comment below.
- Come hang in our irc channel anytime — #dyscultured @ irc.zeronode.net.
Stay in Touch
This week on the podcast, Russell McOrmond stopped by to talk about the recently “deceased” Bill C-32, usage-based billing, election stuff and a little bit of piracy as well.
Among other things, we also encouraged Andrew to reconsider his stance on running as a candidate in the upcoming Canadian Federal election under The Pirate Party banner.
Kindly check our awesome wiki for:
Story links and music here. Transcript of chat here. Enjoy!
All episodes of DyscultureD are NSFW which means Not Safe for Work OR Never Smelled Fried Weasel
Transcript of Live Chat (link to come soon)
This podcast is NSFW which means Not Safe for Work or No Sleep for Wawa
Thanks to Our Man on the Hill, Russell McOrmond (@russellmcormond) for joining us.
Transcript of Live Chat
This podcast is NSFW which means Not Safe for Work or No Steam for Weiners
With the news that the two latest Avengers efforts will be made into 3D films AFTER they’ve been shot (ala Clash of the Titans), I have to wonder if “colourization” debate going to be re-ignited for 3D TV. Of course I have little doubt George Lucas will be releasing the original Star Wars trilogy in 3D and Smell-o-vision within the next five years, I’m wondering how far off we are from some of the older classics being post-processed through the 3D filter.
The following is a tongue-in-cheek consideration of some classic films that should have 3D added value and why:
1) The Wizard of Oz – Two words… flying monkeys.
2) Elephant Man – Truly appreciate John Merrick’s deformities.
3) The Godfather – Somehow freaky orange-peel-mouth Brando could be entertaining.
4) 2001 – you even have to ask? The trippy end sequence and Space Baby.
5) Goodfellas – if only for the 3 minute uncut shot walking into the restaurant.
6) The Ten Commandments – Red Sea in 3D
7) A Clockwork Orange – because it’s just not trippy enough.
8 ) The Phatom Menace – really… can it make it any worse?
9) Titanic – …hmmm.
10) Jaws – no wait… didn’t they already… never mind.