Episode 161 – Explain Lucy
- That was Samsung’s cheeky new ad campaign, jabbing AppleAppleApple fanbois with a fairly pointy stick.
Police & Thieves
- Fuck me… Pat Martin’s four-letter windfall.
- Well, it was fun while it lasted.
- Ah, this must be how the cops stopped all those vandals, then…
- My new favourite word: Gaslighting.
- BTW, here’s everything Zuckerberg has on you while you browse the web, whether you’re logged in to Facebook or not.
- A different take on that nagging issue of online identity.
Tired Old Media
- Napster Canada (the legal one) hits the curb, takes digital keys with it.
- Amazon Canada’s Kindle Edition fail.
- Netflix scores rights to new eps of Arrested Development.
- Good thing they didn’t go with DAVE Wireless…
- Et tu, ACTRA?
- All about the first rootkit for smartphones.
- This Desert Bus thing will remain a pew-pew until someone adequately explains it to me.
- Blogger gets a cool quarter million retention bonus… from Mashable.
- Fight Klout with Flout.
- Walden Zone?
- I bet I could sneak one of these in there…
- The 1,600 words you can’t text in Pakistan.
- Snake’s dead baby. Nokia’s Snake, I mean.
- A Rocky Musical? Sure, why not?
- If a sign falls in Frisco does anyone care?
Your Weekly Mission
- Since FollowFriday was a bit of a bust, how about a comment on our blog, now that we’ve just the one. Please?
- From the official 2011 SXSW Bittorrents, we’ve got The Cancer Bats with their track “Hail Destroyer”.
- Something to say? Leave a comment below.
- Come hang in our irc channel anytime — #dyscultured @ irc.zeronode.net.
Stay in Touch