Episode 160 – My Spectrum is THIS Big!!!
- That was none other than Fab & Dan from the Linux Outlaws (episode 208) giving props to our own Alex Blackie’s WordPress prowess. Please to note that his theme is back.
- Fuck Posterous. We’ll explain why.
- CRTC backs off from usage-based-billing.
- SOPA is stupid. Even this Hollywood drone thinks so.
- But does it mean the end of our Internets?
Tired Old Media
- British film director to direct film of British TV series.
- Music conglomerate buys same.
- Your weekly JoBlo bounty: One, two, three links, ah-ah-ah…
- China Telecom coming to North America — and Canada?!!!
- Industry Minister shows us how big 700MHz is.
- Regional transit app launched with help from Canadian University.
- Zomg, demand for the iPad is fading!!1! (welcome back, Mike!)
- Samsung has AppleAppleApple by the short and curlies in Australia.
- Siri has been h@X0r3d. Does anyone care?
- Mario’s raccoon suit engrages PETA.
- Canada spends upwards of half a billion on Norton Defender.
- Commodore bets big on nostalgia.
- RIM’s unfortunate sound bite of the week.
- Beware the Wikileaks telemarketing scam.
- No social media network is worth this, kids.
Your Weekly Mission
- We want our tweeps to give us a #FollowFriday. Is that so hard?
- From Paper Bag records, here’s The Rural Alberta Advantage with their track, Tornado ’87.
- Something to say? Leave a comment below.
- Tweeps and Identicans can hash a tweet/dent with the tag #dyscuss160.
- Or come hang in our irc channel anytime — #dyscultured @ irc.zeronode.net.
Stay in Touch