This week on Dyscultured: Byron Sonne, privacy, Darknet, piracy, Chuck D, Klout, Twitter, Mobilicious, Apple, Kobo, Facebook, Nickelback & John Lennon’s tooth!
Click here to listen to this episode in your browser.
Subscribe to the podcast feed here.
Here are the show notes for this episode.
If you like you can also read along with the archived live chat.
Your Freedom & Privacy Are An Illusion
- Cop misled judge in Byron Sonne case.
- Canadian internauts should have no reasonable expectation of privacy.
- Darknet. It’s time.
Tired Old Media
- Viacom so devasted by piracy that CEO gets $50 million raise. Sounds about right.
- Music labels to cease production of those shiny discs with rootkits on them.
- Chuck D. says paid downloads are licenses, not sales.
- Will the real Dyscultured Google+ Page please stand up? Exhibit A, Exhibit B, and while neither really matters.
- Klout is like herpes.
- Celebs shill on Twitter? NOWAI.
- CWTA lays down the numbers on the impact of our upstart carriers.
- But the CCTS begs to differ.
- Google answers to Microsoft lawsuits (not really).
- Apple are the Ferengi of the mobile phone industry.
- And it’s because Android phones are cheap pieces of shit, obviously.
- Here’s a little secret: You don’t need an app to use Gmail.
- Rakuten gobbles up Kobo — then presumably wrecks havoc on small Japanese fishing village before disappearing into the sea.
- Older people also read the Globe & Mail, I reckon.
- Movie exec apologizes for shit movies. We need more of this. A lot more.
- Canadian pays $31K for John Lennon’s tooth.
- Haven’t the good people of Detroit been through enough?
- Everybody follow Canadian Linux legend Adam McDaniel.
- Another killer track from Rathole Radio #64, here’s German rockers Shearer and their track Day’s End.
- Something to say? Leave a comment below.
- Tweeps and Identicans can hash a tweet/dent with the tag #dyscuss159.
- Or come hang in our irc channel anytime — #dyscultured @ irc.zeronode.net.