Here are the show notes for this episode. You can also play along with the archived live chat if you like.
Lon-don’s Burning! (diddle-iddle-um-dum-dum)
- And BlackBerry is to blame?
- RIM’s spin doctors go to work, with predictable results.
- And with all this comes the sobering reminder that any notion that BBM users had of their privacy is an illusion.
Tired Old Media
- The perils of DTV in B.C.
- Dim, dark and dismal — see what he did there?
- That day came and went a long time ago for me.
- Kindly allow Mr. Currie to expound for a few moments on the subject of tethering — inspired by this link, but pertaining to Canadians.
- Texting doc coming to IsoHunt on August 20th, prolly.
- Canada’s upstart carrier’s pack a one–two, back-to-school punch.
- World’s most valuable company (on paper) WARNING: Mashable link, only for comment-based hilarity.
- Drops support for SyncML. I know, you don’t care…
- When you can’t beat ’em, ban ’em.
- Meet the next Internet bazillionaire.
- Zomg, GIRL H@X0R!!1!
- Toronto councillor sick and tired of communists, turns to Facebook.
- Speaking of our nation’s most important city, meet Toronto’s new Twitter cop.
- Something about black holes…?
- Don’t tread on @Bootprint.
- This week we’ve got Joe Strummer (!) in one of his final on-stage performances, singing London’s Burning with Mick Jones.
- Yeah, not exactly sure how legal this is, but you can’t find it on Amazon, so as far as I’m concerned it’s fair game.
- Something to say? Leave a comment below.
- Tweeps and Identicans can hash a tweet/dent with the tag #dyscuss146.
- Or come hang in our irc channel anytime — #dyscultured on zeronode.irc.net.