Here are the show notes for this episode. You can also play along with the archived live chat…
- Bill C-51 ain’t no fun.
- The Rise and Fall of “KvonFinckyCRTC“.
- Unfortunately the real von Fincky is still going strong.
- “Psh, Netflix ain’t no thang”, says Rogers CEO.
Oh Shit Now You Have Unleashed The Hell
- AnonOps comes to Canada.
- Fuck this shit, I’m investing in Bitcoin…
- Could Pirates Be Your Friends?
- War coming to Canadian soil this century?
- Here’s why we might be singled oot.
Tired Old Media
- CBC TV: From arts champion to glorified karaoke club.
- Risk is the latest board game to become a movie. There are others?
- From the obvious department: Big content is strangling American innovation. REALLY?
- Warner Brothers goes all John Candy on Mel Blanc.
- Richard Dreyfuss just got a bit cooler.
- But the irrefutable fact is that anything + Samuel L. Jackson = awesome.
- 2001 fans might remember that HAL just worked, too.
- So what are the alternatives? Here’s one. Here’s a bunch more.
- Apple store employee starts union.
- Rogers to launch super-fast LTE mobile network in Ottawa.
- “They must be making crazy money off roaming.” — understatement of the year?
- N.Z. inventor readies ‘jetski for the skies‘. Oh, and we now have hoverbikes too.
- But you already knew we were in another tech bubble, rite?
- Globe & Mail calls for pot decrimimal… decrinimal… demininal… oh man, I’m so high right now.
- The Da Vinci Code in an Oreo cookie?
- Everybody say hi to Jerzy Jarmasz!
- Fucked Up and their track Queen of Hearts. For serious.
- Something to say? Leave a comment below.
- Tweeps and Identicans can hash a tweet/dent with the tag #dyscuss138.
- Or come hang in our irc channel anytime — #dyscultured at zeronode.irc.net.
- To submit story ideas for next week’s show use the hashtag #dys139.
- Episode 139 will record on Thursday, June 23th at PAB 2011 in Ottawa! More deets to follow…