Off The Top
- Happy Towel Day! WTF is Towel Day?
- Zomg, Jon Stewart features Canada on The Daily Show!!1! Oh, I see…
- Doctorow declines Sarkozy’s invitation to Paris, calls it a “whitewash“.
- Victoria Newspaper goes behind paywall. Link unavailable (jk).
- Go, um… ‘Nucks? And now, Currie will explain everything that’s wrong with hockey and how to fix it.
- As recording industry “crumbled”, top execs made millions.
- Not content to sue single moms, RIAA takes on the cloud.
- Head of Canada’s largest theatre chain says digital movie law would protect jobs. Now mop up that vomit!
- Hangover 2 can still be released, but tattoo artist’s copyright claim may prevail.
- When is sharing stealing? Answer: NEVER.
- But you know, it’s totally not a cult…
- Court orders Samsung to show his Steve-ness their unreleased devices. How is this even possible?
- Two more deaths at Foxconn factory.
- But this makes it all worth it: Yup, iPad Games for Cats.
Non-Hipster Tech News
- Skype-rosoft: It begins.
- This Transformer is not a movie and doesn’t suck.
- No movie rentals from Google on rooted devices.
- Mobilicity backs Bill 133. WTF is Bill 133?
- The Crapture postponed until October.
- Frickin’ lasers for internets.
- I see last week’s Linux-terminal-in-a-browser and raise you one GUI-open-source-desktop-OS-in-a-browser.
- Tablets, smartphones used more in bathrooms than boardrooms.
- Headlines that wouldn’t have made any sense 10 years ago: Twitter acquires TweetDeck.
- ‘Neuromancer’ goes into pre-production.
- CBC cools on 3D.
- Fuck you, Funnyjunk — I already read it on reddit.
- Girl Talk: “On and On” from his latest album, All Day.
Shout-Outs – Holy Shit!
- Something to say? Leave a comment below.
- Tweeps and Identicans can hash a tweet/dent with the tag #dyscuss135.
- Or come hang in our irc channel anytime — #dyscultured at zeronode.irc.net.
- The live chat for this episode has been archived here.